Taras Prokhasko (born May 16, 1968 in Ivano-Frankivsk) – Ukrainian novelist, essayist and journalist. Together with Yuri Andrukhovych a major representative of the Stanislav phenomenon. Writing of Taras Prokhasko is often associated with magical realism, his novel «The UnSimple» has been compared to One Hundred Years of Solitudeby Gabriel García Márquez. Biologist by education Prokhasko’s prose has been called to have features of “philosophy of a plant” for its dense and meditative character.
Nephew of writer Iryna Vilde, brother of translator and essayist Jurko Prokhasko.
- Other Days of Anna (Інші дні Анни)
- FM Halychyna (FM Галичина)
- The UnSimple (НепрОсті)
- Lexicon of Mysterious Knowledge (Лексикон таємних знань)
- One Could Make Several Stories from This (З цього можна зробити кілька оповідань)
- Port Frankivsk (Порт Франківськ)
- «Ukraina» together with Serhiy Zhadan
- «Galizien-Bukowina-Express» with Jurko Prokhasko and Magdalena Blashchuk
- Cause it’s This Way (БотакЄ) /
- Who Will Make the Snow (Хто зробить сніг) with Maryana Prokhasko
- One and the Same (Одної і тої самої)
- Taras Prokhasko conducted a series of long interviews with contemporary Ukrainian writers and intellectuals (Oleh Lysheha, Yuriy Izdryk, Yuri Andrukhovych, Oksana Zabuzhko, Borys Gudziak, Yaroslav Hrytsak, Vasyl Herasymyuk), which were published in “The Other Format” book series
Prokhasko’s writings were translated in English, German, Polish, Belarusian and Russian